So much has changed since last I talked about the campaign -
1 - I'm almost certainly not using the modules at this point. Enough players have read them now that it would be pointless, plus I'd like more control over story.
2 - I'm probably morphing things so the world isn't the generic world from the campaign setting for 4th Edition but instead my own creation that will grow as we play.
3 - I have a definite main story-arc, several minor story-arcs, and a growing number of "random encounters" ready to go already.
4 - PHB 2 has come out, and with it 5 more races (gnome, shifter, goliath, half-orc and deva) and 8 more classes (Strikers: Avenger, Barbarian, Sorcerer; Defender: Warden; Controllers: Druid, Invoker; Leaders: Bard, Shaman) so there's plenty of options, even for Controllers, now.
Much of the story needs to be shaped a bit by what characters the players will choose, so, again, I implore people to get back to me with their concepts. You don't have to have a full character made, and you can certainly change your mind (unless your name is Benton) but I would love to have a handle on what people are planning on playing.
Some guidelines though:
- I'm going to assume that you all want to be part of an adventuring party that works together ... reasons for this can be established or just taken for granted, and intraparty RP can definitely strain things sure, but from build of characters to starting of game, plan on this character wanting (for some reason) to join a group of adventures
- I'm going to assume that you all are going to be some level of "decent" people, i.e. your characters may choose unaligned but you aren't going to be RPing backstabbing, murdering psychopaths. You don't have to be donating your time to orphanages, but burning down orphanages is right out
- no Forgotten Realms or Eberron stuff - just corebook, with Dragon and Dungeon stuff as appropriate - books like Martial Power would be okay as well
Some "if you wants" to provide me with:
- background of character up to a certain point
- motivations and goals of your character
- backstory tied to other players (with their permission, of course)
- a list of 5 magic items you'd like to see your character acquire at some point, any items of level 1-5
We'll have 1-3 more Benton adventures before we switch.
2 More Quit
-
With a couple more players bowing out of playing, the game is now
officially ended.
Thanks for playing and for the memories, everyone!
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment